Hey folks! I'm Aaron Sky, and I'm an iOS developer based in Boston.
This introductory post is going to be pretty short. I'm still trying to figure out what I want this blog to be about, outside of being the new home and fifth iteration of my personal blog and portfolio site. As a result of this different direction, I've decided not to carry over any of the posts from the last version of my blog.
Here are some quick facts about me:
- I've been programming since 2010, and I started considering myself as a developer when I released multiple apps on the Windows Store back in 2013.
- My first programming language was Objective-C, which in retrospect probably wasn't the best idea in 2010.
- I graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology in 2016 with a BS in Game Design and Development.
- Back in 2015 I completed an eight month internship at Xamarin as a QA engineer, which stands a personal point of pride on my resume.
- I currently work at Wayfair doing iOS development.
- My favorite place in Boston is the Public Garden, and my favorite place in Greater Boston is Amory Park.
- I have been living with Crohn's Disease since 1998 and know a thing or two about coping with chronic illness.
- My favorite video game is Mother 3 for the Game Boy Advance, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is probably my second. Things get fuzzy in my top 5 and even fuzzier outside of that.
Anyway, I think that's going to do it for the first entry of this blog. Maybe I'll do programming tutorials; maybe I'll do something else. We'll see.